Show Me The Money – Mobile Applications
Unfortunately, due to logistics challenges, this event has been canceled.
Please visit www.tiesv.org for refunds on registration fees. Apologies for the inconvenience.
On popular demand, we have expanded the agenda for the April 14th event. Join us for two power-packed panels – one that will give you developers’ perspectives, and the second app store owners’ and investors’ perspective.
Apple’s AppStore has been touted as the reason why mobile application adoption is finally taking off (in the US, at least). In 2009 every carrier and handset maker is looking to define, refine and implement its own application store strategy. App stores are not a recent phenomenon. Microsoft, RIM, Handmark, GetJar stores pre-date AppStore.
What is it that made AppStore successful where other attempts have languished, or simply failed? What business/revenue models and design features are necessary for applications to take off outside of iPhone? Will we have device-specific, operator-specific, or open app stores? Will it be subscription, transaction, ad-based or combinations that will show scalable monetization?
We will also cover highlights from the CTIA Wireless Convention (being held Apr 1-3). In addition, we are crowd-sourcing ideas and topics you would like to see covered in this as well as upcoming events such as TiEcon 2009. Pleae leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments-area.
6:00 – 6:45 pm Registration, Dinner & Networking
6:45 – 7:30 pm From the frontlines: Mobile App developers’ stories
- Nitin Bhandari, CEO Skyfire
- Gautam Bhargava, CEO SnapTell
- Ujjal Kohli, CEO Rhythm NewMedia
- Rajeev Raman, CEO mywaves
- Neil Young, CEO Ngmoco
7:30 – 9:00 pm Mobile Applications – Show me the money
- Sumit Agarwal, Product Manager, Google Mobile Products
- Daniel Bouie, Lead Planner, Windows Marketplace, Microsoft
- Ajay Chopra, General Partner, Trinity Ventures
- Jake Seid, Managing Director, LightSpeed Venture Partners
- Rick Witham, Head of Channels and VC Relations, Americas Forum Nokia
- Moderator: Ben Choi, Venture Adviser
Register for the event at the TiE Silicon Valley website.
Video from the March 3rd, Strategic Investments Outlook in Mobile event is available now.